Saint Nessan's Parents Council
In 1986 St. Nessan's National School was one of the first Primary Schools in Ireland to set up a Parents Association. St. Nessan's Parents Council is, mainly, comprised of volunteer Parents and Guardians. We work with the Principal, Staff and the Board of Management build an effective partnership between the home, school and the wider community.
"With positive and active partnership the child gets the best that primary education can offer."
What do we do?
· We represent Parents/Guardians on School Policy Decisions.
· We help develop the written policies of the School (Code of Good Behaviour, Bullying, etc.).
· We Provide Information / Support to Parents & Guardians: Talks for Parents/Guardians, Bullying, Drugs, etc.
· 5th and 6th Class Development Talks
We support & organise social events and fund raising:
· Parent's/Guardian's and Children's Table Quiz
· School Development Committee
· Kids Fun Day
Some things around you in the School that we have contributed funding towards:
· Running Track
· Seating for the Library
· Yard Games Painting
· School Books
· Interactive White Board
We are structured to promote active co-operation and communication between School Management, Staff and Parents:
· There are two Parents representatives on the Board of Management
· There are two Staff representatives on the Parents Council.
How can you help?
Our committee is reformed each year at our AGM in October. We are always looking for new members to help with our work.
It's a great way to keep in Contact with the School, get to know other Parent/Guardians and great for your Children to see their Parent/Guardian closely involved in the School.
In addition we always value help from Parents and Guardians for the events that we organise. If you are interested please contact a member of the current committee.